Today I stumbled upon a blog entitled “1000 Awesome Things” by Neil Pasricha. He decided to blog daily of the things that he considers to be awesome. Some examples would be: ‘Fitting into those jeans you haven’t been able to fit for a while’, ‘The other side of the pillow’, ‘The smell of gasoline’, so on and so forth. So in turn, (and though he’s unaware) he’s inspired me to muse on those things I think are awesome. Anyway, his goal was to publish one amazing thing a day, every single day, but I think I’ll just put all of mine in one post. I’m not THAT freakin happy…..You will see that I find awesomeness in the most random encounters.
- Smelling gasoline. I don’t know what it is about those fumes, but they certainly make you feel good….
- Cleaning your ears out with a Q-Tip after showering is heavenly!
- When your signal light synchronizes harmoniously with the car in front of yours. You start hearing a faint rhythm inside your head.
- The startling surprise of a lightning bug in the distance.
- Licking your fingers after eating Cheetos.
- When I see the “V” formation of birds flying…I take it personally. I see it as God’s way of telling me, “I love you V”.
- Scratching an itch! Any itch!
- It’s mesmerizing when driving past a corn field to focus your eyes directly between the rows. It’s like being on a roller coaster.
- When it rains while the sun is shining bright.
- Waking up and realizing that your nightmare was in fact a dream and nothing more.
- Sitting on the porch on a breezy summer day watching the sun set after a long day at work.
- Freshly shaven legs and armpits.
- Watching the Season Premiere and Season Finale of your favorite reality show.
- The smile a person returns when you’ve made their day!
- Getting that parking spot you circled around for.
- When the police officer that pulled you over is having a good day and lets you go with only a warning.
- Randomly checking your online bank statement only to find your income tax return was deposited by the IRS.
- How cool your pillow feels when you first lay your head on it.
- Seeing ‘lovebugs’ stuck together.
- And finally….finding a comment on your blog when you come back!
What do you think is awesome?